The My eQuals platform enables Australian and New Zealand students and graduates to access digital versions of transcripts and academic documents and share them with employers, universities or other parties.
The My Equals platform will also allow universities to confirm the digital qualifications of students from China, Europe and America seeking admission to their courses. Overseas institutions can view the digital documents of Australian and New Zealand students applying for entry shared with them by the student/graduate.
The My eQuals initiative is being managed by Higher Ed Services. Higher Ed Services is a professional services company of Universities Australia, fostering collaboration in Higher Education. As the My eQuals managing organisation, Higher Ed Services worked closely with university partners to develop the digital service and its roll-out across the 46 participating universities across Australia and New Zealand.
The following digital documents will be available through the My eQuals Platform.
- Award certificates
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements (AHEGS) for Australian universities
- Qualification Statements and Statements of Attainment for Vocational students studying at participating dual sector universities
- Formal letters for New Zealand universities
Please refer to Participants Page for details of participating universities and when they will implement My eQuals .
Please click here to visit the student login page and read the login instructions.
My eQuals is built on the concept of ‘privacy by design’, an approach that embeds privacy controls into the technical architecture of the system. This is reflected in the following design features.
- The universities retain control of the student academic records and where this data is stored. There is no central or national database of student records.
- When a student requests a digital document, the university certifies the accuracy and authenticity of the document before it is released.
- Only the student or graduate has access to their academic records, no third party can access these records by default.
- Students or graduates may share their academic records with a third party for a period of time. The student or graduate controls all access to their personal information.
- Access to electronic transcripts and graduation documents is recorded in an audit trail and reviewed.
- The university does not know who the student shares their records with.
If you have queries, please contact the My eQuals manager at your university or contact us.